MEC Design, know for unusually ostentatious styling – anyone remember the 2FACE Bodykit for the CL-Class – is at it again. This time MEC Design tuned the old Mercedes SL (Type R230). Their latest design for the Mercedes SL is very in your face and daring, definitely pushing the envelope. Perhaps MEC wanted to sent the no longer produced R230 off in style, and they did just that.
The kit comes with a multitude of options and you can pick and choose what details you’d like installed according to your taste. You of course get the standard bumpers and wide wheel arches, but you get to choose the front spoiler; big lips or small, carbon finish or not. It’s totally up to you.
There are also new side openings, which again you can have in carbon or not. Around at the back, you get MEC’s diffuser, optionally in carbon, with MEC exhaust’s tailpipes. They also offer a diffuser that matches AMG’s stock tailpipes. Another feature here is lateral fins right and left. A rear spoiler is also available, and yes, it can be had in exposed carbon fiber.
MEC will only create 15 units of this kit, which additionally offers a unique wheel/tire combination for, 11×20 with 285/25 ZR 20 + 14×21 with 375/20 ZR 20.
MEC Design world premier of their Widebody Bodykit based on the Mercedes Benz SL R230 as well as one of the eight new concave wheel designs. Available from February 2013.
The MEC Design Widebody Bodykit consists of:
MEC Design Front Bumper (incl. mesh), with 2 different front spoiler lips Optional:
- big spoiler lip
- big spoiler lip in Carbon-Finish
- small spoiler lip
- small spoiler lip in Carbon-Finish
- Cover with side openings
- Cover with side openings in Carbon-Finish
- MEC Design engine bonnet (incl. mesh)
- MEC Design front fenders right + left
- with side covers for MEC Design logo. Optional also available in Carbon-Finish.
MEC Design Side skirts right + left Optional:
- with LED’s underneath
- with LED’s laterally in the sill groove
MEC Design Rear Bumper with 2 different diffusersOptional:
- Diffuser for MEC Design Exhaust System
- Diffuser in Carbon-Finish for MEC Design Exhaust System
- Diffuser with square AMG tailpipes
- Diffuser in Carbon-Finish with square AMG tailpipes
- lateral fins right + left
- lateral fins right + left in Carbon
*For cars with AMG exhaust system, It can be used! Otherwise, we recommend the use of the huge sounding MEC Design exhaust and muffler!
MEC Design Rear Spoiler Optional:
- Rear Spoiler in Carbon-Finish
- MEC Design Rear Fenders right + left
All parts are suitable for SL280-SL65 AMG / R230 1999-2012. For models up to 2008 (pre-facelift) Headlights, grill and aluminum beams at the front are required!!
We present also the first of eight new concave wheel designs that MEC Design will be releasing in 2013.
One of the many possible wheel and tire combinations for the MEC Design SL R230 Widebody body kit is the following:
11×20 with 285/25 ZR 20 + 14×21 with 375/20 ZR 21
Limited Edition, limited production of 15 units. Available from February 2013.
To see more photos of the SL R230 Widebody Bodykit from MEC Design please click on the Photo Gallery below.