Mercedes-Benz just announced pricing on its most exclusive model, the S-Class Coupe. Launching in mid-October, the S-Class Coupe will start at a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $119,900 for the S550 4MATIC Coupe and $160,900 for the S63 AMG 4MATIC Coupe. The rear-wheel drive V12-powered S65 AMG Coupe launches in December and is priced at $230,900. All prices exclude $925 destination & delivery fee.
The all-new 2015 S-Class Coupe appeals to all the senses. Inside, its beautiful interior features heated armrests, hot stone seating massage, ionized air purification, and a Burmester sound system.
Combining the classic proportions of a large sporty coupe with state-of-the-art technology, the new S-Class Coupe makes a powerful statement. The long hood with pronounced lines and powerdomes, the low greenhouse with high beltline, the accentuated wheel arches as well as the large wheels (19″-20″) reinforce the S-Class Coupe’s aspirations as a masterpiece of automotive refinement.
The S-Class Coupe exemplifies the Mercedes-Benz commitment to accident-free driving with a portfolio of more than 30 standard and optional active and passive safety technologies called Intelligent Drive. The available Driver Assistance Package includes:
- DISTRONIC PLUS with Steering Assist: radar-based cruise control system with semi-autonomous steering inputs that can work from 0-124 mph depending on road conditions.
- PRE-SAFE Brake: Autonomously brakes the vehicle up to 31 mph with or without driver input, and can partially mitigate accidents up to 45 mph.
- PRE-SAFE PLUS: rear-facing radar that senses possible rear collisions and prepares the vehicle for a possible secondary incident into an active intersection.
- BAS PLUS with Cross Traffic Assist: reads cross-traffic encounters with stereoscopic cameras and adds appropriate brake assistance to prevent an incident in an active intersection.
- Active Lane Keeping Assist and Active Blind Spot Protection: one-sided braking.
Other Intelligent Drive safety features include ATTENTION ASSIST and Night View Assist PLUS with human and animal detection.