Mercedes-AMG is forging its own technical path to transport its hallmark brand DNA into an electrified future. To achieve this, the Affalterbach-based company uses, for example, technologies from Formula 1 in its E PERFORMANCE Hybrid strategy. The concept includes an independent drive layout with an electric motor and battery on the rear axle. In the AMG GT 63 S E PERFORMANCE, the system consists of a 4.0‑litre V8 biturbo engine with a permanently excited synchronous electric motor, a high-performance battery developed by AMG and the fully variable AMG Performance 4MATIC+ all-wheel drive system. The system power of 620 kW (843 hp) and the maximum system torque of more than 1400 Nm enable acceleration from a standstill to 100 km/h in just 2.9 seconds. After less than ten seconds, 200 km/h are reached. Acceleration only ends at 316 km/h.
Acceleration from a standstill to 100 km/h in just 2.9 seconds
The new top model of the model series offers extensive standard equipment. Including:
- With its continuously adjustable pressure relief valves, the AMG RIDE CONTROL+ suspension adjusts the damping force for each wheel to suit the situation in just a few milliseconds. The AMG DYNAMIC SELECT drive programs are used to preselect the basic set-up – from “Sport+” mode for particularly dynamic driving to the “Comfort” setting for smooth gliding. In addition, the tuning can be adjusted in three stages independently of the drive programs via a button.
- The integrated AMG DYNAMICS driving dynamics control system influences, among other things, the control strategies of the ESP® (Electronic Stability Program), the all-wheel drive and the electronically controlled limited-slip rear differential. This increases agility without negatively affecting the vehicle’s stability.
- The ceramic high-performance compound brake system is lightweight, has a long service life and extremely high stability.
As with the entire model series, the new Performance hybrid offers a wide range of customisation options (excerpt):
- The new, exclusive AMG Special Edition in AMG green hell magno paint finish. The performance hybrid looks very sporty thanks to the 21-inch AMG forged wheels in a 5-twin-spoke design, painted black and with a rim flange with a high-sheen finish. The AMG Night Package and the AMG Night Package II with their selected exterior elements in high-gloss black and dark chrome as well as the black foiling above the side sills also ensure the sporty look. The AMG Aerodynamics Package and the AMG Exterior Carbon package are available for selection. The optional panoramic roof lets plenty of light into the vehicle interior. Thanks to highlights such as the sports seats in Exclusive nappa leather in two-tone titanium grey pearl/black with yellow contrasting topstitching or the AMG Performance seats (optional), as well as the AMG trim elements in black piano-lacquer look or, on request, carbon, an unfiltered motorsport atmosphere prevails here. The Edition also appears exclusive thanks to the Edition badge in the interior and illuminated door sill panels in a colour matching the exterior paintwork.
- The luxurious Special Edition, with paintwork in the dark gemstone shade rubellite red, is also available for the AMG GT 63 S E PERFORMANCE. This includes, among other things, the Exterior Package in high-gloss chrome as well as silver-painted, high-sheen and 21-inch AMG forged wheels in a 5-twin-spoke design.
- The MANUFAKTUR label stands for the highest degree of individuality and luxury with selected materials that are predominantly processed by hand. Exclusive paintwork and high-quality interior finishes are also part of the package. For the Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupé, the range includes paint finishes such as MANUFAKTUR classic grey uni, MANUFAKTUR olive metallic or MANUFAKTUR copper orange magno (matt version) as well as various leather colours. In addition there is a two-tone leather steering wheel, deep-pile floor mats with embroidered AMG lettering and decal sets in three colour variants for the side skirts.
Technical data at a glance
|Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S E PERFORMANCE|
|System output||620 kW (843 hp)|
|System torque||1,010 – 1,470 Nm3|
|Combustion engine||4.0-litre V8 with direct injection and exhaust gas turbocharging|
|Max. output, combustion engine||470 kW (639 hp) at 5500 – 6500 rpm|
|Max. torque, combustion engine||900 Nm at 2500 – 4500 rpm|
|Max. output, electric motor||150 kW (204 hp)|
|Max. torque, electric motor||320 Nm|
|Drive system layout||AMG Performance 4MATIC+ all-wheel drive with fully variable torque distribution and Drift Mode|
|Transmission||AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 9G|
|Fuel consumption – weighted, combined
|7.9 l/100 km4|
|CO2 emissions – weighted, combined||180 g/km4|
|Electrical consumption – weighted, combined||12.0 kWh/100 km4|
|Energy capacity||6.1 kWh|
|Electric range||12 km4|
|Acceleration 0-100 km/h||2.9 s|
|Top speed||316 km/h|
|Kerb weight acc. to EC||2,380 kg|
 The figures shown are the WLTP CO2 figures measured according to Article 2 No. 3 Implementing Regulation (EU) 2017/1153.
The fuel consumption figures were calculated on the basis of these figures. Electrical (power) consumption has been determined on the basis of Regulation (EU) No. 2017/1151.
 All prices shown in this press release: MSRP for Germany including 19% VAT
3 Total system, depending on gear combination
4 The figures shown are the WLTP CO2 values measured according to Art. 2 No. 3 Implementing Regulation (EU) 2017/1153. The fuel consumption figures were calculated based on these figures. Power consumption and range were determined on the basis of Commission Regulation (EU) No. 2017/1151.