The Moonstruck concept focuses on the system of Sun, Earth and Moon, concentrating on the scientifically accurate depiction of the moon phase, and the global influence of lunar and solar gravitation resulting in the ebb and flow of the tides.
The moon phase indication is so precise that more than 100,000 years will have to pass before it shows a full moon rather than a new moon (or vice versa).
The Moonstruck simulates the rotation of the Moon around the Earth, as well as the apparent movement of the Sun around the globe. This revolutionary mechanical wristwatch also illustrates the current tidal status and trend in relation to specific coastlines or oceans, and the current moon phase in relation to any location in the world.
The Moonstruck is a practical travel companion. It features a pointer calendar and a quick-setting device to adjust the hour hand forward and backward to any desired time zone by pressing the pushers plus and minus located at 2 and 4 o’clock.
The Moonstruck is a Ulysse Nardin in-house development. The manufacture caliber UN 106 features a silicium escapement and a hairspring made with the latest silicium technique.
The Moonstruck is available in a limited edition of 500 pieces in 18 ct red gold and 500 pieces in platinum.
- Astronomical watch. Indication of position of Sun and Moon in relation to Earth. Moon phases. Hours and minutes. Instant time zone adjuster with patented quick setting device.
- Mechanical self-winding, bi-directional.
- Hand painted Earth on Mother of Pearl dial.
- Diameter 46 mm.
- Water-resistant 100 m.
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal and case-back.
- Screw down security crown.
- Alligator leather strap and folding buckle.
You can learn more about the Ulysse Nardin Moonstruck at the official Ulysse Nardin website.